However, the purpose of this post is to get you stop and think for a moment about one particular angle....
What do you do right now in your DAILY life that moves you towards your goals? What are you doing every day that is exciting to you, motivating you to strive forward? Are you doing it enough?
Making sure we have a strong inflow of motivation is a great gift for ourselves. What is coming into your stream of consciousness day in and day out? Does it encourage more growth or fear?
Most likely you can use a tune-up on your intake.
Some examples I've found helpful are:
- listening to audio recordings and watch YouTube videos of mentors once per week (first find out who they are - and be very selective)
- setting time aside for research on topics that are naturally interesting to you (and be open to how you can integrate them more into your life)
- making an appointment with yourself to peruse books at the bookstore (and see where it takes you...)
- always taking a class that is interesting to you and helping you grow in some way or another
- balancing how much TV you watch or your other forms of electronic usage with getting outside and walking, playing, and being in natural settings
One great avenue of inspiration that is often overlooked is entering silence and tuning within. How much time do you get in a quiet space? This can be taken in a nourishing bath or can also be a time of sacred prayer. Whatever it is, make sure you have some time to yourself that is actually happening in your schedule as well.
First of all, know what these things are. Then follow up and prioritize them in your days.
The more you nurture yourself, the more you have to give to others. It's a wonderful cycle.