Have you found what really makes your heart sing?
Simple things can make you feel joy emanating from your heart. Tune in to what things do this for you - and then make sure you are doing them!
Notice your heart's meanderings and follow them to see where they lead. You may discover treasured joys that you aren't enjoying in your daily life.
Allowing your heart to sing a little bit every day is very healthy and makes life much more enjoyable. I enjoy life so much more when I work hard and play each day.
Here are some examples of things that make my heart sing:
- Playing games
- Writing
- Eating out with my family
- Exploring new places
- Developing creative projects
- Listening to music
- Enjoying Coffee and tea :)
- Walking
Each day I give myself the reward of enjoying one of these, even if only for 20 minutes. Usually, I sprinkle them throughout my day. For example, I treat myself to a cup of coffee in the morning because I really love it. I spend some time writing before entering the world - before even thinking about my tasks. I work hard then have some tea in the afternoon. After a shift of work, I take a walk with AJ around the block and enjoy him. At the end of the day I may retreat into some games, a creative project, or venture out with my family. On Fridays I take off the day as much as possible to really have fun with these and treat myself to a super chocolately milkshake!
These help me to get in the mode and make it more fun. I find that when I keep these in balance with all the tasks and work that I do, I feel more vibrant and motivated to keep on. They keep life exciting and give me that drive to wake up every day, even if only after a few hours of sleep.
Many of us are so busy with life that we don't ever find out what makes us happiest. Many others know well what brings them joy, but don't get around to it very often for one reason or another.
So, what makes your heart sing? And how much do you really get to it? =)
Originally Posted 6/6/09, Refreshed 6/21/11
It is amazing how simple things can turn the life around by enhancing mood and lifting spirit. Education and creativity have extraordinary healing power.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the brilliant and heart touching article.