Skip to main content

A Quick Refreshment for Your Daily Spaces

Where do you spend most of your day?

Chances are this may include your desk, car, or kitchen. Most of us have some space that we regularly spend a good portion of our day at.

How do you feel about these places you frequent?

Take this opportunity to revive your hang outs with a fresh look and readiness for ultimate use.

Create the following two areas in your home and/or work space:

Creative Center

Start with your work center or the spot that you do most of your daily work in. Set up this space for readiness, creation, and making it happen. Have all of the tools that you need and use often easily within your reach. Clear things out of the way that you don’t use so often. Set up your priority work daily and set aside any excess to allow free space while doing your thing. Have a favorite drink within reach and play some tunes while you work to make it a little more fun.

Make sure to take breaks from your work area every so often to recharge your energy as needed.

Retreat Cornerstone

Next set up a different spot that feels healing to you. One that you turn to take a break in - that feels relaxing, serene, and still. It may be a spiritual area with an altar and special reminders or treasured items.

Take a moment to light a fresh candle or incense daily if you can. As you light it, you can set an intention for anything that is rising for you and a prayer if so desired.

Tune into your spaces and connect with them throughout the day. Allow them to open you and empower you to new levels.

Every so often, take a step back and feel what can be spruced up to make your areas feel more fun or productive. Make sure that you are drawn to them to them and that they naturally facilitate your growth rather than making it more difficult.

Enjoy!
Danielle Marie Crume
Related Article:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Happy - From the *Inside* Out

I've always been a people watcher.  As a young girl, I openly looked at everyone I came in contact with, wondering who was the happiest?  It was a little disheartening during my exploration to uncover that it seemed that almost everyone had a significant amount of unhappiness and troubles in life.  I guess I wanted to live a fairy tale.  Some people, however, had a great time with life, even through its challenges. I noticed that those who were overall most happiest usually had a sense of humor about their experience.  They weren't richer, more beautiful, or better off.  They were just happy with what was and were strong in rolling with it.  Everyone goes through hard times. Being truly happy is not by getting somewhere or accomplishing something.  It is a part of who you are .  It is your character, your essential being, the fabric of you.  Children are often born with a knowing of it, but many of us lose touch with this understand...

Licorice Grandpa

In high school I wrote this story about my beloved Grandpa Chuck.  I just read it again yesterday for the first time in 15 years to my son.  I am very thankful to remember these details I had forgotten and to share the essence of such a wonderful man with my boy.   I also realized how much of an impact he has made on me that still holds in my character today.  In memory of grandpa, here is the story.  Slightly edited. :) Licorice Grandpa My grandpa was simply the best.  There is no way I can describe what an incredible person he was.  He seemed to be the only grandpa alive who was still "a kid" inside.  It is because of these reasons that my grandpa Chuck has made an impact on how I live my life today. One of the best memories I have of my grandpa is going to his house every holiday.  My family would enter my grandparent's huge immaculate house and be overtaken with the strong thick smell of my grandpa's pipe.  As soon as we ...

Love Is

“…And the greatest of all these is love.” ~Corinthians You could explore and study love for your whole lifetime and still never fully understand it. You may only catch a glimpse of its fascinating possibilities. Love is one of those expansive eternal forces - far beyond our senses’ ordinary perception. It is something many dream of, imagine about, and wait for. Some say love is the essence of all there is and that love is the answer. Some say love hurts or it doesn’t even exist. Some prophets say that there is only love or fear at the root of everything - and that love is the only truth. We all have different versions and understandings of love - which evolve throughout our lifetime. They may range from a feeling for a soul mate to one about a favorite shirt. Love can be a sweet nickname or a feared word. Some express it with tenderness, others with strength. Some say I love you to everyone. Some reserve it only for “the one”. Others never say it at all. It can be as simple a...