Skip to main content

I Can't Believe I Am 30!!! Reflections and the Future...


There’s always some sadness as I feel that time is slipping away. Never again in this lifetime will I be a young girl in my teens or twenties. Those days are behind me now - for good. It’s a reminder that this beautiful life is not forever… being with that thought both hurts and relieves me at the same time.



However, it is with incredible enthusiasm that I step forward. Each day I become more me. Now I stand on a greater foundation, with outstanding vision, faith, and a solid relationship with my self.


It seems every birthday brings some kind of weird mood. It's something nearly all of us go through, I think.



On my 26th birthday I decided I was no longer a helpless princess. On that day I first faced the feelings of getting older. “What more is there to look forward to?” I questioned my self. “No more exciting birthdays in the future?” At that moment, I decided to change into a Queen. It was a mindset shift into greater power within myself. Ever since that choice I have taken more responsibility for myself, taken my happiness into my own hands, taken life head on, and have been more enthusiastic about inevitable aging. I now see all stages of growth as beautiful. I look forward to the thirties as the era of my youthful prime. I also look forward to the years beyond as I will embrace my earned wisdom and become a Grandmother of the Earth.


This year I felt the need to celebrate. I am the type who does not make a big deal out of my life events. When I found out I was pregnant, I was immediately terrified of having to have a baby shower. For my 30th birthday, I wanted to be different than I have in the past. I took a trip to Las Vegas with my immediate family and had the BEST TIME EVER! :) This big milestone had me reviewing my life deeply with a new perspective. I am so thankful to say that I made it through my own trials and am officially pleased. I can be very difficult at times :). Part of the bliss of my aging is that I have learned to work with my own characteristics.



There were many great lessons of my twenties. I learned about my own values, explored various extremes to find my own balance, became a mother, and actually birthed new life into this world. In my early twenties I became a “step-mother” to a loving, beautiful young girl (age 9 at the time, now 16). After having my son and going through the wonderful process of creating life, I learned about the feelings of being a mother, from the inside. Parenting gave me insight into greater levels of life and I began to find out how to make mine ideal – for me – and for these beautiful beings I have the opportunity to affect so much.



I became much more aware of myself. I got curious about things, explored, and questioned a lot. My levels of consciousness have expanded exponentially allowing me a great delight in the “small” things of life, seeing how truly miraculous they are.



My understanding of the Divinity of life, deeply developing my own personal relationship with God/the Creator/Source, knowing my Faith, and actually feeling Trust all grew in this wonderous decade. These gifts are my greatest blessings.



The largest lesson of my twenties consisted of building a truly loving relationship with myself. I am no longer critical and hard on myself. I am my biggest supporter and am very compassionate to my experiences and “failures”, seeing them as the little steps that help me take the larger ones. I no longer seek outside love to fulfill my days or make me feel happier. I fill my own well and share it with others. Only now do I truly love others – not out of neediness or want, but from simple pure love. Whew, these lessons have freed me up from my own feelings of victim-hood and have helped to create the solid foundation that I own with gratitude today. My daily life is a joyous journey.



I am better and better as life goes on. Now I get out there and really dance with the bittersweet, magnificent song of life. And while I always wish for more, faster, and greater success, as I continuously mature, I recognize the beauty in the process. Looking back I can see amazing growth - and with that awareness, I happily accept the pace that life brings. I enjoy the being of all of it rather than waiting for the goals to be completed until feeling happy.



I enter my thirties being very excited for the future. I feel that I’m at my prime. I have a greater sense of my self, excellent resources combined with expansive resourcefulness, and the experience to empower me in all that I dream of. I look forward to giving back more and co-creating the world to make it even better. My dreams are bigger, more meaningful for me, and feel more real than ever before. Now watch as I reach for them!!!



Good-bye beautiful queen. Hello beautiful empress. Here we go! :)


I give thanks I've made it here and can’t wait to see what happens this decade.


by Danielle Crume © 2009






Comments

  1. your blog is always so uplifting.. I am so sorry I have been absent ... I am catching up now and look forward to more ofyour positive vibe

    rock on sista!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please share your experience... Thanks!!

Popular posts from this blog

Being Happy - From the *Inside* Out

I've always been a people watcher.  As a young girl, I openly looked at everyone I came in contact with, wondering who was the happiest?  It was a little disheartening during my exploration to uncover that it seemed that almost everyone had a significant amount of unhappiness and troubles in life.  I guess I wanted to live a fairy tale.  Some people, however, had a great time with life, even through its challenges. I noticed that those who were overall most happiest usually had a sense of humor about their experience.  They weren't richer, more beautiful, or better off.  They were just happy with what was and were strong in rolling with it.  Everyone goes through hard times. Being truly happy is not by getting somewhere or accomplishing something.  It is a part of who you are .  It is your character, your essential being, the fabric of you.  Children are often born with a knowing of it, but many of us lose touch with this understand...

Licorice Grandpa

In high school I wrote this story about my beloved Grandpa Chuck.  I just read it again yesterday for the first time in 15 years to my son.  I am very thankful to remember these details I had forgotten and to share the essence of such a wonderful man with my boy.   I also realized how much of an impact he has made on me that still holds in my character today.  In memory of grandpa, here is the story.  Slightly edited. :) Licorice Grandpa My grandpa was simply the best.  There is no way I can describe what an incredible person he was.  He seemed to be the only grandpa alive who was still "a kid" inside.  It is because of these reasons that my grandpa Chuck has made an impact on how I live my life today. One of the best memories I have of my grandpa is going to his house every holiday.  My family would enter my grandparent's huge immaculate house and be overtaken with the strong thick smell of my grandpa's pipe.  As soon as we ...

Love Is

“…And the greatest of all these is love.” ~Corinthians You could explore and study love for your whole lifetime and still never fully understand it. You may only catch a glimpse of its fascinating possibilities. Love is one of those expansive eternal forces - far beyond our senses’ ordinary perception. It is something many dream of, imagine about, and wait for. Some say love is the essence of all there is and that love is the answer. Some say love hurts or it doesn’t even exist. Some prophets say that there is only love or fear at the root of everything - and that love is the only truth. We all have different versions and understandings of love - which evolve throughout our lifetime. They may range from a feeling for a soul mate to one about a favorite shirt. Love can be a sweet nickname or a feared word. Some express it with tenderness, others with strength. Some say I love you to everyone. Some reserve it only for “the one”. Others never say it at all. It can be as simple a...