The downside of a schedule is that we often follow it to a “T” and allow it to lead us absolutely. We focus on what we “should” be doing - many times totally losing touch with the present moment and what’s happening right now. Emotions are stuffed until a better time (which usually never comes around until we are forced to face it). People are often pushed aside for tasks that seem to require attention. A more whole approach to time would be to dance with it. If you think about dancing and reflect on the analogy of it, it’s very easy to see. Let’s say you’re taking a dance class. Consider the teacher to be your schedule. There is a learning curve in which you need to watch the teacher closely. However, you eventually want to stop looking to them during the dance; it’s best to tune in and feel the music and let it guide you. Dancing with confidence while smiling at the audience is key to a stellar performance. Staring at the teacher will leave you a beat behind, not in rhythm or in the flow of movement. Dancing is an art – there are greater and greater levels of creativity and perfection, you can always level up. To master it is to be fully aware of your entire being, on beat, with styled movements. The teacher (or schedule) there to guide you, however you shouldn’t stare at it and let it hold you back. Instead, dance with the structure it provides while tuning in to the music and flowing with time.
Life goes in cycles. You can be totally tuned into something and then you’ll find later that you feel far from that same understanding or realization. You’re on the other side of it… Lately I’ve been feeling the importance of presence as I am entering into another level of awareness with it. I had become pretty "unpresent" with many aspects of life, as I was focused on other aspects of my development – deep, internal ones.
To help me tune back into being fully present and dancing with time, I have a few practices or rituals that I do every morning. I slow down my quick thoughts and enter into my full being. It’s not something that naturally happens, I still need to intentionally transition into that awareness. I do simple things such as take a shower (a bath if I have the time) in which I clear my mind, give thanks, and connect with God. When I get out I jot down any notes of divine realizations that I had and go to my special writing desk to see if anything else comes up. I love writing, so I have a desk which is different that my work desk and is under an altar to spark my creativity. I spend a moment with my altar and I pull some of my Goddess Cards which reflect beautiful lessons that are empowering and in sync with the moment.
Each of us has our own rituals that help bring us to the point where we feel connected and tuned in. The point is to make sure you are getting there and entering your day from that space.
From here I am fully present in my being and dance with each moment. I am in the “I AM” and the “IS-ness” in which everything is possible, unlimited, and where miracles are born. I feel rooted, connected, clear, and aware. I exude love. If not, I tune in to figure out what feels off and explore that, finding the opportunity it holds. It’s a beautiful practice, which is deeply nourishing. As I exert this essence, I attract amazing blessings and opportunities. Seemingly impossible things begin to happen; opportunities open up that would have never come with my previous limited and cynical thinking. Throughout the day our energy goes through cycles as well. Sometimes we are focused, other times our attention is split and easily diverted. At times we are amped up and ready to conquer all the projects we have and at others we feel drained and move very slowly. The key is to not try to control these feelings, but to dance with them.
We all have times that we feel “on it” and those that we feel “off” as well. This usually describes how present we are at the time. Indicators of being present include feelings such as being happy, calm, connected, focused, open, tuned in, able to love others unconditionally, and feeling on a rhythm. Indicators of being distracted, or not present, include a slow response, diverted thoughts, easily upsettable or grumpy, and being tired. We can’t always be present. When you feel you are distracted or on a lull of the energy cycle, honor it by resting or breaking up what you are doing. Take a walk, eat if you need to, do something else to honor what you are feeling rather than trying to force something that is just not there.
The most important foundation of all actions is presence. Dance with the happenings of your day, show up with your full being, and engage with the flow.
Your schedule is a structure, which is ideally floatable and changeable based upon what is rising and happening in the day. Make sure there is space in your schedule to enjoy rest and play too. There is a divine schedule which rules above anything we think we are going to do. Allowing that to happen is much easier on us. Tuning in and dancing with it is a lot of fun.
Comments
Post a Comment
Please share your experience... Thanks!!