
The feeling of vast timelessness can rarely be achieved now-a-days. We have places to be, people to see, and lots of things to do. How often do you feel you have all the time in the world and that time is on your side? Been a while, right?
I realized that my answer was “hardly ever”. I am naturally a planner who leaves little time for just being. As I’ve grown to appreciate simplicity and the value of free time, I’ve renovated my old ways.
Now I enjoy a real “free-time” every week and almost daily. Every Sunday (usually) is my “No Time Holiday” in which I make no plans. I treat myself to a bath when I wake up. I don’t think of any tasks or obligations at all until after my bath. I use my bath as a sanctuary for free thought and being. I lie there in stillness and tune into myself. I note things that arise with bath crayons on the wall. I also commune with God and note realizations or messages. Some days are quiet and I just enjoy the water’s healing touch. Others are fun messages that are a delight to ponder. I enjoy true timelessness and take as long as I’d like.
After my bath, I put on a comfy robe and grab a journal. I jot down my bath notes and as I do, I open to them more and expand on them as I feel drawn to. If I feel like writing, I indulge in doing so.
I do all these things before allowing any work or task oriented thoughts in. I find I reach whole other levels when I leave my mind free of those task-oriented processes. And it feels soooo good! J
Once I am all nurtured myself, I am amped and ready to charge into work – with a high level of energy.
On Sundays my “work” is creative development, in whatever way arises. I also try to get to this work during the week as well.
Danielle Marie Crume
Comments
Post a Comment
Please share your experience... Thanks!!