Skip to main content

Let's Do This!


This week I approach a big "battle" of life... I have a few challenges (that are bigger than I'd prefer to have) lined up.  Several key triggers are in place.  Here comes the wave!!

However, with the experience and foundation I have acquired throughout my journey, I recognize that this is a grand opportunity.  A divine dance ready to play out....

With all the hard work I've got under my Wonder-Woman-style magical (and invisible) belt, I can do this!  I have the faith to own the challenge and the humbleness to get back up and dust myself off if I don't quite succeed as envisioned.  Either way I'm going for it and will do my best.  And I'll grow because of that.

So here's the battle plan:

1.  Be Ready and Connect.  Each morning start with a "Me Ritual" in which I shower, put on some music, cleanse off my charges and limited thinking, connect with God and fill my cup, and be READY to rock the day.  I enter the state of being in which the world becomes my playground.

2.  Open to the day's opportunities.  Connect with what is rising, what's going on, and look into how can I be in service to others.  Be present with the day's happenings, map out a general plan, and go for it.

3.  Meet with my wise council.  Be around those who guide me best during this transition.   I will listen to audio recordings of my famous mentors speaking about things that will help me stay in the right mindset throughout the week.  I will also meet with those people in real life who give me the best advice and examples. 

First, I had to refresh on who they are.  Who do I consider my pocket aces that I can call on when I need advice?  I did a brainstorm session this morning to come up with a well-rounded group of people who fit one of the following: I admire them based on their success, despise their advice because it's what I don't want to hear (but need to), or they are super compassionate allowing me to feel comfortable to spill the beans to.  I came up with a list of nine people who's responses I would appreciate, or learn to live with.

Next, I will set a one hour appointment to see them within the next week or two.  I will make sure to see each one, even if I don't speak up about the situation.  I will at least see them and be around them to learn from them.  When I'm open in this way, I always learn something - just from the reflection of the moment.  If I can really go for it, I'll openly discuss what is really going on and get their feedback to integrate with my intuition.  I won't take anyone's advice above my own, but I will value what they say and see how it sits with everything else going on to help me make the wisest decisions.

*During this brainstorm, it had me wonder who would consider me as their council?  Maybe I should be more available... I'd want my loved ones to be able to come to me in challenging situations.  Hmmm.... note taken.

4.  Dance baby!!!  Make sure to stay focused throughout the day, nurture myself as needed with healthy food and rest, and keep tuning in to make adjustments where necessary.  When I hit challenges, be okay to take a break, cry it out, rest a moment, and get back on the ball.  I trust I'll try my best and that's good enough for me.  No need to be overly critical.

Here I go!!!!!




by Danielle Crume © 2010



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Being Happy - From the *Inside* Out

I've always been a people watcher.  As a young girl, I openly looked at everyone I came in contact with, wondering who was the happiest?  It was a little disheartening during my exploration to uncover that it seemed that almost everyone had a significant amount of unhappiness and troubles in life.  I guess I wanted to live a fairy tale.  Some people, however, had a great time with life, even through its challenges. I noticed that those who were overall most happiest usually had a sense of humor about their experience.  They weren't richer, more beautiful, or better off.  They were just happy with what was and were strong in rolling with it.  Everyone goes through hard times. Being truly happy is not by getting somewhere or accomplishing something.  It is a part of who you are .  It is your character, your essential being, the fabric of you.  Children are often born with a knowing of it, but many of us lose touch with this understand...

Licorice Grandpa

In high school I wrote this story about my beloved Grandpa Chuck.  I just read it again yesterday for the first time in 15 years to my son.  I am very thankful to remember these details I had forgotten and to share the essence of such a wonderful man with my boy.   I also realized how much of an impact he has made on me that still holds in my character today.  In memory of grandpa, here is the story.  Slightly edited. :) Licorice Grandpa My grandpa was simply the best.  There is no way I can describe what an incredible person he was.  He seemed to be the only grandpa alive who was still "a kid" inside.  It is because of these reasons that my grandpa Chuck has made an impact on how I live my life today. One of the best memories I have of my grandpa is going to his house every holiday.  My family would enter my grandparent's huge immaculate house and be overtaken with the strong thick smell of my grandpa's pipe.  As soon as we ...

Love Is

“…And the greatest of all these is love.” ~Corinthians You could explore and study love for your whole lifetime and still never fully understand it. You may only catch a glimpse of its fascinating possibilities. Love is one of those expansive eternal forces - far beyond our senses’ ordinary perception. It is something many dream of, imagine about, and wait for. Some say love is the essence of all there is and that love is the answer. Some say love hurts or it doesn’t even exist. Some prophets say that there is only love or fear at the root of everything - and that love is the only truth. We all have different versions and understandings of love - which evolve throughout our lifetime. They may range from a feeling for a soul mate to one about a favorite shirt. Love can be a sweet nickname or a feared word. Some express it with tenderness, others with strength. Some say I love you to everyone. Some reserve it only for “the one”. Others never say it at all. It can be as simple a...