
When you work hard, it is essential to take breaks.
Breaking up activity is not only beneficial be cause its fun, but it also allows more focus and energy when you get back to work. Cycling periods of work and rest is the best way to not only accomplish a lot but also love doing it.
During your breaks, do what you love. Rotate them based on how you feel at that time. Some may be playing a favorite game, resting, reading a book, going for a walk, watching a treasured show, etc. Whatever you enjoy doing that is relaxing and/or fun.
My Favorites of the Moment
I am always into one game or another. Lately my favorites are teaching AJ an old school classic like “The Game of Life” or cards, the Wii Game Animal Crossing City Folk, or an iPhone game by Electronic Arts. I let myself get totally into my game of the moment and enjoy the mastery of it.
I usually don’t watch too much TV – I watched a lifetime worth while I was growing up – but lately I’ve gotten into a couple of shows from my fellow family members. AJ’s got me into Avatar on Nickelodeon. It’s a fun kids show with wonderful wisdom, great characters, and fun adventures. Jet’s got me into both Shaq vs. and Bully Beatdown. In Shaq vs. Shaq competes against his favorites in all types of sports. He’s someone who really lives like the world is his playground. I have so much fun seeing what he’s up to and what happens with these greats that he goes up against. Bully Beatdown is an MTV series that I was originally resistant to (which is always an indicator of something I need to learn). I gave it a chance and as I saw it all the way through, I found I really enjoyed the ending when the bully learns his lesson and changes from the experience. Both of these are always fun to take a break and sink into. Its even more fun to watch the shows together with those I love.
Getting into a deeper or larger break during the weekends is my favorite part of the whole week. I love taking a whole day to nurture myself with play, rest, and creative space.
It makes all that hard work worth it and fills my cup for another week ahead – with fresh motivation and innovation.
Here’s to lots of fun and balance! J
Love,
"Fun and balance" equals perfection! :) What a beautiful pic on your post!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting!
xo
Lauren