
Last week I was down and out with a terrible flu. I awoke one morning feeling like I’d been hit by a train. My entire body was extremely achy in every possibly place. I had a fever, was very nauseous, felt cold, and had a strong headache that made me nearly useless.
I lay in bed as much as possibly for four days to help speed along the recovery. I didn’t eat much but did drink lots of water and soup broth. I nurtured myself full-time as I felt driven to heal this bug.
My back pain was unbearable. There was nothing I could do to just get comfortable enough to drift off into a restful sleep.
As I lay there in pain, I recalled the metaphysical probable causes that Louise Hay teaches in her book “You Can Heal Your Life.” In this book she shares her findings from working with millions of people to uncover the deeper meanings behind their physical ailments and diseases. She’s researched the most common causes of body behaviors and diseases based on people’s modes of thinking and speaking. She has collected her information into a list of Probable Mental Patterns that create illnesses in the body as well as the New Thought Patterns or affirmations to be used to create health.
As I’ve explored this in relation to my life and those I care about over the past few years, I am continually impressed by the truth held in it. As I lay there in excruciating back pain, I remembered that in The List lower back pain is caused by a fear of money and lack of financial support. I did feel somewhat of a stress about money, but it didn’t seem like anymore than usual. I went ahead and tried the affirmations anyway.
I repeated the following affirmations for a few minutes in my head. As I said them, I was fully present and concentrated with confidence, openness, and faith.
“I trust in the process of life. All I need is always taken care of. I am safe.”
In the past, I used to struggle with the idea of affirmations, as they felt extremely elementary. However, I tried being open to them and they have personally proven effective. They are similar to the power of lyrics in our favorite songs. Sometimes it is just easier for our ego to get into songs than statements that can seem ignorant and so basic.
Anyway, that same day my back pain was totally lifted and has not returned since. It was an amazing shift that was very easy to do. It just took the intention and attention.
I have also noticed those patterns of thought ease. I am not worrying about these situations as much in my daily thinking. I feel more trusting, thankful, and abundant. I’ve had a nice unexpected surprise that helps relieve pressure financially as well.
Affirming that which I desire, rather than creating that which I fear! :)

I am so with you, and I too have used Louise hay's You Can Heal your Life. In the book I wrote, I actually write about how I had GALLSTONES during my pregnancy and everyone said "they don;t just go away" and wanted to do surgery on me. I delayed the surgery as long as possible and used her affirmation to let go of bitterness "life is sweet and so am I!" And low and behold, the gallstones went away! Who knows if that is the reason, BUT, it was a pretty amazing experience.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are better!